Commercial Air Conditioning Warning Signs
Is it Time to Replace your Commercial AC System?
Making a good impression and keeping your customers comfortable is essential to your business. Capital Heating & Cooling understands you don’t have time for A/C breakdowns, nor care to spend your hard earned money on expensive emergency repairs to your air conditioning system. That’s why we take preventative measures to make sure your Commercial AC System is operating efficiently and reliably at all times. We even have remote monitoring features available that alert us if there’s an issue with your businesses HVAC system BEFORE your system breaks down. Because of your commercial HVAC system’s complexity, you need a trusted and experienced commercial HVAC contractor to trust. Our commercial technicians are experts in commercial maintenance, repairs, and installation of commercial heating, cooling, and refrigeration equipment. It’s part of our job to advise our customers when it’s time to consider replacing their commercial HVAC equipment.
When to Replace your Commercial AC System?
In general a Rooftop unit will last roughly 8-10 years before you start experiencing problems like poor air flow, or bad blower motor, or failed compressor unit. Signs it’s time to consider replacing your commercial AC rooftop units are:
- Breakdowns are happening more often that consistent cooling of your business.
- A repair is more than 50% the cost of a new unit.
- AC constantly cycles on and off. This can mean condenser, evaporator unit, or fan just needs to be cleaned – or it could mean you have the wrong size AC for your business. If the wrong size AC equipment is trying to keep your business cool, this could mean sky high bills for you and an annoyingly uncomfortable environment for your customers and employees.
- Your business just isn’t staying cool. This could be something simple like replacing or cleaning the air filters, or it could mean you have the wrong size equipment. Capital Heating & Cooling specializes in installing commercial AC equipment for businesses of all sizes, we’d be happy to send a commercial estimator to you for a free consultation.
- High energy bills. As equipment ages it becomes less efficient to operate, which means it costs more money to run. Consider replacing your AC equipment with high efficient units to save money on operating costs. Federal tax credits are available to encourage installing energy efficient equipment.
- Weird noises. If you hear buzzing, banging or other unusual sounds during startup or operation it could mean a bad blower motor or bent fan blade. This can be an expensive AC repair, so you may consider replacement options depending on how old your rooftop units already are.
The best thing to do is call us for a commercial HVAC consultation; one of our experts will inspect the system and help you determine if replacing your existing commercial AC equipment is in order. During your commercial maintenance visits, you should also get updates from the technician on if new equipment should be a concern of yours.
Contact the commercial air conditioning installation professionals at Capital Heating & Cooling today.
New Berlin HVAC Contractor Offers Advice
Commercial AC equipment, like any other mechanical equipment, doesn’t last forever and eventually it will make sense to replace it altogether. However, here are some possible situations which may be solved with our superior repair services:
|AC system won’t turn on||thermostat, no power||If the thermostat is good, check the circuit breaker – it could simply be a tripped fuse. If these don’t do the trick, or you’re simply busy running business operations, call us for reliable AC repair service. If it doesn’t kick on at all, you may have a burnt out compressor – which means the unit won’t run at all. In this case, the only fix is replacement. But let’s try the other things first|
|Customers or employees complain it’s not comfortable in my business||Improper airflow, clogged filter||Take a look around to make sure there’s nothing blocking the cold air returns and registers in your place of business. Have the air filters changed|
|Spike in utility bill||Usually this signals inefficient operation, caused by either a dirty air filter or a choked condensing coil usually caused by dust and debris.||Schedule a maintenance visit to have your equipment thoroughly cleaned and fine-tuned. Our repair technicians will also bring any HVAC related issues which have a potential to interrupt business, to your attention|
|Strange noises coming from my AC System||Buzzing, ticking, or rattling when you start or run your AC System is often a loose part or screw caused by a worn out blower motor or bent fan blade||Schedule a quick service call. Our technicians can often repair it by tightening and lubricating parts. If it’s not salvageable, you might require a new fan motor or fan blade|
|Cold air isn’t coming out of the registers||The refrigerant lines aren’t insulated||The rooftop units are connected to the indoor system by copper refrigerant lines, which should be covered with insulating sleeves. Schedule a quick service call and we’ll confirm this for you. If it’s not the refrigerant lines, your system may need its refrigerant re-charged.|
Commercial maintenance plans are the best way to avoid HVAC related interruptions in your business. Most plans include annual maintenance, equipment cleaning, repair warranties, preferred pricing and priority service. Capital Heating & Cooling’s commercial maintenance even includes an aerial schematic of your businesses HVAC system, and a consultation to help you understand your system and make smart decisions about your HVAC needs.