Benefits of Energy Efficient AC
Our AC Replacement Experts Advise on the Big Benefits of Energy Efficient Air Conditioners
If you’re thinking about replacing your air conditioning system, it’s worth looking into a high efficient system. Capital Heating & Cooling’s Milwaukee HVAC installation technicians know the benefits of an energy efficient AC system reach far beyond increased comfort. By replacing your older cooling system with newer high efficient air conditioning you’ll save money on monthly energy bills, increasing your home’s value and helping protect the environment. Energy Efficiency is measured by SEER ratings (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.) The higher the SEER number, the higher the efficiency. The minimum SEER rating is 13, and a SEER rating of 16 or higher is considered high efficiency.
Read below to learn more about how upgrading to an energy efficient AC system can help save your pocketbook and the environment.
- Lowers Energy Bills: Having our Milwaukee AC installation technicians upgrade your unit translates to lower energy bills. Depending on your home and your current AC unit, upgrading to an energy efficient AC system could save you as much as hundreds every year!
- Increases Home Value: If you’re considering putting your home on the market within the next few years upgrade to an energy efficient AC system. This small improvement is a strong selling point which increases the value of your home.
- Incentives, Rebates and Tax Credits: Having an energy efficient AC system installed qualifies you for a variety of incentives, rebates and tax credits. Learn more about energy efficient tax credits, rebates and incentives in Wisconsin.
- Improves Comfort: Energy Star AC units are forced to pass stringent testing to ensure the highest level of comfort and performance.
- Enhances Climate Control: Energy efficient AC units typically include special features like two stage compressors and variable speed air handlers. These unique benefits provide greater climate control for reduced temperature swings and increased comfort.
- Longer Operating Life: Energy efficient AC systems are engineered to minimize cycling on and off, compared to a standard AC system with a lower SEER Rating. This translates to less wear on the system and, subsequently, a reduced need for AC repairs.
- Freon-Free: Energy efficient AC units have eliminated the use of Freon, a moderately toxic gas harmful to the environment. The new type of refrigerant is an environmentally-friendly alternative. Aside from helping protect the environment, upgrading to an energy efficient AC unit also means you won’t have to struggle with the increasing cost and impending elimination of Freon.
- Environmental: Having an energy efficient air conditioner installed helps reduce your carbon footprint by lowering harmful greenhouse gasses and other pollutants.
As the top HVAC company in Milwaukee, we’re big believers in higher efficiency systems because they’re better for the environment, use less energy, and provide better humidity control. However, investing in the biggest, highest SEER-rated unit possible is not the answer. It’s important to work with a reputable HVAC contractor who specializes in home air conditioning installation and who can properly size a system that’s the best fit for your home.
If your AC unit is more than 10 years old, is not Energy Star approved or is experiencing performance issues it is important to have your unit assessed by our experienced Milwaukee AC repair technicians. With a simple upgrade to an energy efficient air conditioner you can reap all of the above benefits!