So You’re Energy Efficient, Huh?
Keeping Your Home As Cool As Your Dance Moves
It’s not easy keeping your home dry, cool and comfortable on a hot and muggy Wisconsin afternoon, but there’s hope! Some valuable tips to filter out the heat and keep in the cool include:
1. Opening your windows at night. Temperatures usually drop when the sun goes down, so keeping fresh, cool air flowing through your home while you’re catching those z’s can help wake you up on the right side of the bed. Just make sure to close your windows when you leave if the temperature is expected to rise back up!
2. Keeping your doors shut. Shutting the doors to rooms that aren’t being used, and closing the vents in those unused rooms, can help redirect cool air to the spaces in your home that you use the most.
3. Utilize shades and blinds. Keep your shades or blinds closed, as much as possible, to eliminate the bright and warm sunlight from entering your rooms.
4. Don’t use appliances during the day. Running appliances, like your dishwasher, oven, washing machine or dryer, during the day can produce extra heat and steam that will increase the temperature in your home. The better option is to run your appliances at night, if able, so that your heat-inducing machines are working when the temperature is cooler and the sun has gone to bed.
5. Use ceiling fans and box fans when able. This should be a no-brainer, but fans do a great job of circulating cool air throughout your house.
6. Plant trees around the outside of your home. Planting trees and allowing them to grow can take years, but the overall benefit from the shade that the trees will produce is a major payoff in the long run!
7. Buy an energy-efficient AC system. Energy-efficient air conditioning units provide the same amount of relief and cool air as a regular AC unit, but they also require less effort and, therefore, take less of your money each month.
The Perk Of Having An Energy-Efficient AC System
Let’s chat about tip #7: buying an energy-efficient AC unit. When the time is right, we HIGHLY recommend investing in an energy-efficient AC system because it’ll not only save you on your energy bills each month, but it will also provide your home with maximum comfort. As one of the top-rated HVAC companies in southeast Wisconsin, we are supporters of energy-efficient air conditioning systems are we are more than happy to install and service your unit when you’re ready to make the jump!